MICE (Meetings, Conference, Incentives, and Exhibition)Mostly corporate are use mice services for their employees to have such best options. The new form of business tourism is the fastest growing section of the International tourism market. It caters to various forms of business meetings, International conferences and conventions, events and exhibitions and is slowly but steadily capturing every big hotelier’s attention. Being a hot favorite tourist destination, India is also very much into the business. After the hot-spots like Hong Kong, Malaysia and Dubai, India is fast gaining its pace in the competition to become an ideal MICE destination. With the advanced technology and facilities, warm hospitality, personalized services coupled with immense natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, the goal seems to be not very far. MICE tourism is the new buzzword in the international tourist market and relates to various business groups and individual travelers.
MICE (Meetings, Conference, Incentives, and Exhibition)
1. Mice Tour Package
2. What Is MICE?
- Meeting: Corporate Conference ex. Board meetings for corporate groups, financial seminars for overseas investors.
- Incentive (Travel): Trips planned by companies as a reward or training for employees also called corporate incentive/training tous Ex. Awarding ceremony or reception are conducted by the head office directors for high-performing employees.
- Convention: General assemblies, academic conferences hosted by international and academic Organizations/associations. Ex. APEC, Cop10, World Congress of Architecture, IBA Annual Conference.
- Event/Exhibition: Cultural and sporting events, as well as trade shows and exhibitions. Ex. Tokyo International Film Festival, IAAF World Championship in Athletics, Asia Basketball League, Tokyo Motor Show, International Jewellery Tokyo
3. IN DETAIL……
Meetings: – General term indicating the coming together of a number of people in one place, to confer or carry out a particular activity.
Incentives :- “simply put, it is a tool for motivating people involved in an organization success – Employees, Dealers , Distributors, Sales people, consultants, & last but not least, even key customers , it is also means of rewarding them for a job well done or excellent sale results”
Conventions: – conventions are generally largely meetings with some form of exposition or trade show included. A number of Associations have one or more conventions per year. These conventions raise a large part of the association budget.
Exhibitions: – Events at which products & services are displayed. Exhibitions may simply be a few table- top booths designed to display goods & services.
4. MEETINGS PROCESS
5. TYPES OF MEETINGS
- U – Shaped
- Hollow square setup
- Octagon setup
6. MEEETING PLANNING PRE MEETING ACTIVITIES:-
- Plan meeting agenda
- Establish meetings objectives
- Predict attendance
- Set meeting budget
- Select meeting site
- Select meeting facility
- Select hotel
- Negotiate contracts
- Plan exhibitions
- Create marketing plan
- Plan travel to & plan from site
- Arrange ground transportation
- Organize audiovisuals needs
7. ON SITE ACTIVITIES
- Conduct pre – event briefing
- Prepare executive plans
- Move people in/out
- Approve invoices
POST MEETING ACTIVITIES
- Provides recognition & appreciation
8. PROCESS OFCONVENTIONS
9. Conventions are generally largely meetings with some form of exposition or trade show included. A number of Associations have one or more conventions per year. These conventions raise a large part of the association budget
A TYPICAL CONVENTION FOLLOWS A FORMAT LIKE THIS:-
- Introduction of president.
- President’s welcome speech, opening the convention.
- First keynote address by a featured speaker Exposition booths open.
- Several workshops or presentations on specific topics.
- Demonstrations of special topics
- Vendor’s private receptions
- Convention centre closes
Convention services for incoming tourist
- Hotels & Motels
- Restaurants Attractions
- Suppliers & etc….
11. EXHIBITION PROCESS
12. TYPES OF EXHIBITIONS
- Trade & Industrial Fairs.
- Combined conferences & exhibitions
- Company product launches.
Consumer & Public Exhibitions.
- Public exhibitions.
- Garden festivals.
Company “In – House” Events.
- Prospective staff interview.
- Product launching.
Other Exhibitions / Display Attractions.
- Manufactures’ Promotions.
13. ORGANISE AN EXHIBITION
- Space requirement
- Feasibility phase
- Preliminary design phase
- Detail design phase
- Production planning phase
- Production phase
- Operational phase
- Termination phase
- ]Assessment phase
15. INCENTIVE TRAVEL
- Incentive travel refers to the segment of business travel that uses the allure of a trip as an incentive or reward for achievement.
- A Typical example of incentive travel would be a company-paid vacation to a resort for top-performing salespersons.
- Sometimes this type of vacation will include motivational seminars, morale-building activities, and other activities that build upon a gathering of employees.
- Incentive trips also can include business-related group activities, such as the introduction of new products or promotional campaigns, or training programs for employees.
16. FORMS OF INCENTIVES TRAVEL
- Pure Incentives.
- Luxury pure incentives.
- Mid range pure incentives.
- Motivational Meetings
- Fam tour
17. INCENTIVE TOURISM DESTINATION NEED TO PERFORM WELL IN TRAVEL FOLLOWING CRITERIA
- Service level
- Safety & security
- Accommodation cost
- Scenic beauty
- Varieties of activities for all tastes
- Sightseeing & cultural attractions
- Modern technical system
- Sport & recreational facilities
- Unusual destination
- Public transport
- Duration of flight
18. MICE PACKAGE DEVELOPMENT PROCEDURE
- Consumer Or Tourist Transportation
- Transportation MICE Venue
- Airlines Sightseeing Or Entertainment At Destination
- Destination Transportation
- Transportation Or Airport Transfers Transfers To Airlines
- Hotel Or Accommodation Tourist Home Place
19. PROCESS OF MICE PACKAGE
20. TRAVEL AGENCIES OR TOUR OPERATION SERVICES FOR MICE
- Contact With MICE Customer Transport For Sightseeing
- Arranging Flight Tickets Transfers
- Arranging Visa Arranging MICE Venue
- Accommodation Travel Insurance
- Forex And Other Auxiliaries Activities
- Local Transport Escort Services
21. THE SITE SELECTION PROCESS FOR MICE TOURISM BY MINISTRY OF TOURISM (INDIA)
- Cost: the monetary expense of transportation and access.
- Time: the duration/distance of travel involved and the opportunity cost of that time.
- Frequency: the frequency of connections to the site.
- Convenience: the scheduling convenience of the connections. Barriers: the extent of any travel formalities, which inhibit travel such as visas, customs, etc.
23. LOCAL SUPPORT
- Local Chapter: the extent of assistance and backing offered by the local chapter of the Association.
- CVB/Convention Centre: the extent of planning, logistical and promotional support offered.
- Subsidies: the extent to which the destination offers to defray costs through rebates and Subsidies.
24. OTHER ATTRACTIONS
- Entertainment: Restaurants, Bars, Theatres, Nightclubs etc.
- Shopping: Malls, Major Department Stores, and Low Prices etc.
- Sightseeing: Architecture, Museums, Monuments, Attractions, Parks, Historical Sites, Local Tours. Recreation: Sports and Activities Either As Spectator or Participant.
- Professional opportunities: Visiting Local Clients, Negotiations, Business Deals, Selling, Making Contacts etc.
25. ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES
- Capacity: The number of rooms available and whether more than a single hotel is required.
- Cost: The cost of suitable accommodation at the site.
- Service: The perception of standards of service.
- Security: The extent to which the hotels provide safe and secure environment.
- Availability: Are the facilities available when required?
26. MEETING FACILITIES
- Capacity: Ability of site to provide suitable sized facilities.
- Layout: suitability of facility layout and floor plan.
- Cost: the cost of the meeting space required.
- Ambience: the ability of the facility to create an appropriate atmosphere and environment.
- Service: the perception of the standards of service.
- Security: the extent to which the facility provides a safe and secure meeting space.
- Availability: are the facilities available when required.
- Experience: has the site performed satisfactorily in the past.
- Reputation: what is the reputation of the destination among other meeting planners.
- Marketing: the effectiveness of the destination’s marketing activities.
- Climate: the desirability of the destination’s climate.
- Setting: the attractiveness of the destinations surroundings.
- Infrastructure: the suitability and standard of local infrastructure.
- Hospitality: the extent to which the host organizations and community excel in welcoming visitors.
28. OTHER CRITERIA
- Risks: the possibility of strikes, natural disasters, boycotts, and other possible adverse events.
- Profitability: the extent to which the site would produce a profit for the organizers. Association
- Promotion: would the site add credibility to the association and build membership.
- Novelty: the extent to which the destination represents a novel location for the association’s next Convention.
29. TOP MICE DESTINATIONS OF WORLD
- Singapore Shanghai
- Kualalumpur Bangkok
- Honkong Seoul (Korea)
- Vienna (Austria ) Guangzhou(China)
- Frankfurt ,Dusseldorf,
Hamburg (Germany) Paris (France)
- Barcelona (Spain) Geneva (Switzerland)
- Stockholm (Sweden) Jakarta
30. MICE TOURISM IN INDIA
31. Delhi – Infrastructure and location make Delhi a popular destination for exhibitions and events. Delhi has venues like The Ashok Hotel, the Habitat World Convention Centre, Vigyan Bhawan, and luxury hotels Taj Palace, Maurya Sheraton and Le Meridian.
Noida and Gurgaon – Noida and Gurgaon in NCR are also popular destinations and are known for state-of-art facilities.
Shimla / Manali – Shimla and Manali are one of the upcoming and ideal destinations for holding conferences as most of the hotels provide facilities for conferences and its scenic beauty allows you to enjoy in pleasurable activities and also provides peace of mind. The conference In Shimla few of the hotels providing such facilities are The Oberoi Cecil, Windflower Hall, Hotel De Park and Grand Leela Regency etc. Some of the hotels in Manali are Span Resorts, Apple Valley Resorts and The Manali Inn etc.
Jaipur – Jaipur city founded in year 1728 has many conference venues including B. M. Birla Science center, ITC Rajputana, Clarks Amer and Mansingh Tower all providing world-class facilities.
Hyderabad- Hyderabad, the Information Technology city of India is also an emerging MICE destination of India. Beside the numerous heritage monuments, Hyderabad has some sophisticated venue. One of the most popular business venues of Hyderabad is Hyderabad International Convention Centre (HICC). This building is one of the favorite sites for conventions, seminars and meetings. It has an capacity to accommodate 5000 people for convention, 500 for seminar and 50 for meeting. This venue has already hosted number of prestigious international and national conferences.
Mumbai – Mumbai has many mice facilities. It is the busiest centre in west India and has many prime venues like The Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center.
Chennai – The ITC Park Sheraton, Le Meridien and The Park Chennai, Chola Sheraton, Fisherman’s Cove, Hotel Radisson and Taj Connemara are high-end luxury hotels geared to host meetings and conventions.
Kolkata – Kolkata has many five star facilities and more are coming up like Kolkata convention centre.
Agra- Agra famed for the symbol of “epitome of love”, Taj Mahal has some excellent venues to hold conferences, conventions and meetings. It is a fine city that is appropriate for both heritage and business tour. The Jaypee Palace Hotel and Convention Centre are the best place to hold conferences, conventions and meetings.
34. MICE TOURISM IN HARYANA
Mostly corporate are use mice services for their employees to have such best options. The new form of business tourism is the fastest growing section of the International tourism market. It caters to various forms of business meetings, International conferences and conventions, events and exhibitions and is slowly but steadily capturing every big hotelier’s attention. Being a hot favorite tourist destination, India is also very much into the business. After the hot-spots like Hong Kong, Malaysia and Dubai, India is fast gaining its pace in the competition to become an ideal MICE destination. With the advanced technology and facilities, warm hospitality, personalized services coupled with immense natural beauty and rich cultural heritage, the goal seems to be not very far. MICE tourism is the new buzzword in the international tourist market and relates to various business groups and individual travelers.
List Of All Type Of MICE Services Are Listed Below:-
|MEETING & CONFERENCE EQUIPMENT|
|DIGITAL TIMER||Rs 3,00.00 each|
|UPS||Small||Rs 1,200.00 each|
|ONLINE UPS 3KVA||Big||Rs 4,000.00 each|
|MIKE ACTIVATION||(Casuarina)||Rs 5,000.00 each|
|MIKE ACTIVATION||(Gulmohar)||Rs 7,000.00 each|
|LAPTOP COMPUTER SWITCHER||Rs 1,000.00 each|
|CORDLESS MOUSE||Rs 8,00.00 each|
|15″ T.F.T MONITOR||Rs 8,00.00 each|
|LAPTOP COMPUTER SOUND SYSTEM||02 nos of Speakers||Rs 7,500.00 each|
|VIDEO MIXER WITH MONITER||(Upto 3 Monitors)||Rs 5,000.00 each|
|DIGTEL VIDEO PLAYER||Rs 4,000.00 each|
|PARCAN LIGHT WITHOUT DIMMER||Rs 4,50.00 each|
|DIMMERS||Rs 1,000.00 each|
|STROBE LIGHT||Rs 1,200.00 each|
|FOLLOW SPOT LIGHT||Rs 3,500.00 each|
|MOVING HEAD||Rs 4,500.00 each|
|SCANNER||250 WATTS||Rs 4,000.00 each|
|SCANNER||500 WATTS||Rs 5,000.00 each|